4Purple is Channel 4’s Disability employee network, empowering everyone in the organisation to feel more confident about disability.
4Purple are an internal community here to create an open conversation about disability and to educate colleagues at Channel 4 on the wide variety of disabilities that exists within our company, to encourage action and behaviour that removes barriers to inclusion. They want to create an open space to allow people to speak candidly about their disability experiences and where questions are welcomed from those who wish to learn more. Some of their members have lived experience of disability and/or long term health conditions, but many don’t. They are allies and champions and a huge part of 4Purple's collective effort to drive positive change.
4Purple host a number of events throughout the year to ensure that everyone at Channel 4 has a solid understanding of our purpose, capability and our ambitions Some of their activity include:
- Awareness raising with talks from our people and experts.
- Creating IT sessions focusing on accessibility features.
- Internal and external activity to mark Purple Light Up (a global movement that celebrates and draws attention to the economic contribution of the 386 million disabled employees around the world).
- Being a sounding board and critical friend to the business.
- Securing the organisation’s commitment to the Valuable 500 and renewal of Channel 4’s Disability Confident Leader status.
- Representing Channel 4 at external events